Raspberry PI & Arduino
- Order page: https://export.farnell.com/jsp/raspi/orderPad.jsp?&country=IT
- Wiki: http://elinux.org/RaspberryPiBoard
- Raspberry Pi + Arduino + Node = Home Automation: After figuring out how to set up the Raspberry Pi and how to communicate between a Raspberry Pi and an Arduino, I wanted to try a simple home-automation project that incorporated several really awesome and useful technologies:
- The #RaspberryPi Tricorder – the PiPodCorder: The PiPodCorder is a Pi/Arduino combination taking readings from 2 temperature sensors, a hall-effect magnetism sensor and an ultrasonic distance sensor which it then displays, with the aid of a Python script, on an LCD display. The Pi also displays it’s own IP address(es) which can come in useful sometimes!
- Raspberry Pi to Arduino shields connection bridge: The idea behind the Raspberry Pi to Arduino shields connection bridge is to allow to use any of the shields, boards and modules designed for Arduino in Raspberry Pi. It includes also the possibility of connecting digital and analog sensors, using the same pinout of Arduino but with the power and capabilities of Raspberry.
- STARTER KIT FOR RASPBERRY PI (A/V EDITION) + RASPBERRY PI: Cooking Hacks launches its new Starter Kit for Raspberry Pi with Audio/Video Kit, including the Raspberry Pi board. This one is focused to all people who want to take advantage of GPIO connection, making new proyects with this awesome board. It will allow you to get a "ready-to-use" kit for your Raspberry Pi board, including all you need to connect it to your TV. It includes:
- http://www.cooking-hacks.com/index.php/gprs-sim900-shield-for-raspberry-pi.html: GPRS SIM900 shield for Raspberry Pi offers GPRS connection to your Raspberry Pi board. It includes the SIM900 communication module from SIMCom. It is necessary an antenna in order to establish a communication.
- Cheap and small computer: http://www.raspberrypi.org
- Faster face detection: LBP of OpenCV (See http://stackoverflow.com/questions/8791178/haar-cascades-vs-lbp-cascades-in-face-detection?lq=1 and http://docs.opencv.org/doc/tutorials/objdetect/cascade_classifier/cascade_classifier.html)
- Sensor logger: Arduino (http://arduino.cc/en/Main/Products) and sensors (http://www.seeedstudio.com/depot/)